Total Pageviews

About this blog

I have 3 brothers, none of whom I grew up with.
This just talks about how we met.

Friday 10 December 2010

The Search begins.

I had a starting point for Mum's boys, so, that's where I started.

I phoned Weston-Super-Mare council.
The Sir name was quite unusual, so my guess was, any contact that I found of that name would probably be a relative.
I was given a phone number. (I had to beg, plead,bargain......)
I phoned up.....
A man with a very strong accent answered. He gave his name, and I knew immediately that it was the father of Mum's boys.
I didn't know what to say!!!! (Really unusual for me).
Seconds that felt like hours went by when I blurted,
"Hello, I'm Carol, and I am looking for Bert and Ken because I am their sister......"
Before I could finish he retorted, (can't remember verbatim, but it went something like.......)
" How dare you phone me, I have no other children, I have no daughter, you are a liar........."
And hung up!


OK, I should have prepared a script, I should have used my words differently, should have could have, wish I had....
How wise we all are in retrospect!
That poor man, I wanted to ring back and explain, but I think that I had done enough rocking of his proverbial boat.

Not be 'scuppered', I rang the W-S-M council back.
I was eventually given an address that was not the one of the man I had just scared to death!!
I wrote a letter and posted it.
Now I waited.........

No comments:

Post a Comment