Total Pageviews

About this blog

I have 3 brothers, none of whom I grew up with.
This just talks about how we met.

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Hi There, me again!

Anyway, a few days ago on the other blog:-
confessionsofacancerpatient.blogspot.com

I spoke about my brother threatening me if I didn't decide to have the treatment.......I said that it was a long story, and needed another blog - Well, this is is.
(You do really need to read the other blog to understand whatI am talking about, - Friday 6th December is the post that it relates to).

Not sure where to start really, I will barge my way through this as best as I can.......

My Mother is German from Hilden near Dusseldorf.
My Father is English, from Walworth in London, (Elephant and Castle).
Interesting how it got it's name.
I am led to believe that a French guy of regal decent, (can't remember who),  fell in love, married and had a child, he built a Castle and called it 'L'enfant et Castile', which means the child and the castle....hence.....Elephant and Castle.
I was told this by a London Cabbie. Anyway, I digress, (as usual).

My parents married in April 1954 at the Registry Office on the Walworth Road.
My Dad was in the Army, and so was posted hither and thither.
1955 - Catterick Camp, North Yorshire, I was born.

Life happened.

1965 - St Germain, France.
My mother told me that I had 2 brothers.
To be honest, I didn't pay much attention, I was too busy waiting to go out and play with Larry Gillan.
He lived close by. His Dad was in the Canadian Air Force. He was about 18months older than me. I loved him to bits. Been trying to find him for years with no luck....LARRY!!! Where are you?!
Had some great friends there...
Diana Harris, Fiona Yates, David Yates, the Yates's came from Bath I think. Not sure about Diana. She did ballet, I was so envious.

Ooooops, back to the plot.
Not only was I too busy to pay any attention, I was used to my Mum getting her words mixed up lol!
I remember a time when we were all watching a film on T.V.
We had a black and white one, only 2 channels as well, I think.
Anyway, Dad said,
" I saw this in Technicolour".
To which my Mum responded,
"When did you go there?"

Another time......
When I was 5, I had measels or German measels, these spots everywhere, including in my eyes. This impaired my vision to a degree that I was put back a class in school. (I am OK now).
My Mum is telling her friends that I am illegitimate... I DO hope that she meant illiterate!!!!! (Not that I would care if I was, I have had a good life)!
I rest my case! Lol!

Not only that...I was 9 for goodness sake!

1981
This is for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment