Total Pageviews

About this blog

I have 3 brothers, none of whom I grew up with.
This just talks about how we met.

Saturday 11 December 2010

First contact

Two days after sending the letter, during the evening, I was watching TV.
The phone rang.
It was my brother, Ken, the youngest of my mother's boys.
We chatted on the phone for 3 hours!!!!!!!

We each condensed our life stories and shared.
We planned a meeting, provisionally, because I had to make sure that Mum and Dad were able to go at the same time.

When I told Mum, she was all giggly, like a school girl, Dad was happy for my Mum. But I could see a grain of sadness in his eyes. I knew he wished that he was meeting his son too.

Anyway, the day of the 'meet' arrived.

Five of us piled in to Dad's car, Mum, Dad, my partner, my son, and me.
Of to Weston Super Mare we went.
It had been agreed that Ken would wait at the roundabout at the junction to W.S.M.
One of the most amazing things was that Mum recognised him immediately - after all these years!!!!
We followed Ken to a pub with a garden. The weather was great.
When we arrived, we all piled into the pub garden....there were loads of us!
Ken, his now wife and their children, Bert, his wife and their children and us five. The atmosphere was electric!!!

About 1 hour after arriving, Robert had an epileptic fit, so I took him to a secluded and shady spot and comforted him through his recovery so I missed a lot of the action.
Never mind though....Mum, Bert and Ken were getting along. They were laughing and catching up.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!!!!!!

What was their take on the events?
That is for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment