Total Pageviews

About this blog

I have 3 brothers, none of whom I grew up with.
This just talks about how we met.

Monday 13 December 2010

My Dad's son - First contact

As I said earlier in this blog.
Dad had been trying to find his son for many years, with no joy. It was policy that the natural parents of adopted children were not given any information at all.
The fact that the name was changed and unknown where in the country he was didn't help one dot.
I tried, but I had no joy either.
Anyway, I was visiting my mother.
She showed me a letter that she had received that morning.
It was addressed to my mother.
My brother had found her!
I wish I could remember the words to share with you, but I can't.
I was that excited.....
The most important words said that he was my Dad's son!
Well, I rang the number at the top of the letter that evening, (assuming that he would be at work during the day).
A woman answered. I explained that my mother had given me a letter that she had received in the morning.....
There wasn't much of a dialogue between us, but I detected a bit of excitement in her voice.
All I can remember is that she shouted,
"Your sister is on the phone!"

The woman that answered the phone was Dawn, my brothers wife.
Dawn explained that Philip was in the shower and would be straight down.
Phil and I spoke on the phone, and made arrangements to meet.
Philip and Dawn lived in Preston.
Me and Mum were living in Bristol.

Phil and Dawn came to Bristol for a week end to visit.

I have asked Phil if he will write a bit on how he found us so that I can put it on this blog. He agreed!

The first week end tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment