Total Pageviews

About this blog

I have 3 brothers, none of whom I grew up with.
This just talks about how we met.

Friday 17 December 2010

The first visit from my Dad's son, Philip.

The day had come!
I was up with the lark, and so excited!!!
Philip and his wife Dawn, drove down to Bristol from Preston.
As I mentioned earlier, me and mum were living in the same area, about 4 homes apart.
I went there to wait.

Every car that we heard drive by, we leapt to the window...
No, No, No, No, ....

Yes, there he is....driving a Volvo, (That was a shock! I actually think that people who drive Volvo's take a different driving test to the rest of us,,,,, just general observation!). Lol!
No comments on that one please!

Anyway, I knew who it was immediately.

Philip looked so much like my Dad! The resemblance was fantastic!

Coffee, chat......
All the photo's came out, Philip and Dawn looked through them.
Mum and Philip, and Dawn spent time together, and then Me Philip and Dawn spent time.

Philip had loads of paper work, evidence of the paper trail to find us.
He also had copies of letters that my, or should I say our Dad had written to the appropriate authorities requesting custody, information etc.

I gave Philip some nice pics, and Dad's Dog Tags form his army days. I had two sets.
Sadly I was robbed a couple of years afterwards and some a*rsehole stole my set!

Since that time, I do believe that we are as close as any brother and sister can be without having had a shared history.

I know that Dad would have been so proud of him!

Philip is compiling his 'bit' to add.
I would love to look at it.
Although I have seen it and I know about it, I was too excited to take it all in, so to read it in a calm mind will be very enlightening for me.

We email, visit, talk on the phone, it's fab.

No comments:

Post a Comment